6LoWPAN / IPv6 Connectivity
IBM and Libelium have joined efforts to offer a unique IPv6 development platform for sensor networks and the Internet of Things (IoT). By integrating the IBM Mote Runner SDK on top of Libelium Waspmote sensor platform we get a unique and powerful tool for developers and researchers interested in 6LoWPAN / IPv6 connectivity for the Internet of Things.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Waspmote Mote Runner is a great platform for experimentation with 6LoWPAN. However, it is NOT a platform suitable for industrial or commercial projects. Besides, it is advised for experts and NOT for new users, because good programming skills are needed. Please visit the Waspmote platform section if you need a market-ready, easy-to-use platform.
Features of the new Waspmote Mote Runner - 6LoWPAN Development Platform:
- Get IPv6 connectivity in each node
- 6LoWPAN stack source code available
- Program the nodes in Java and C#
- More than 60 sensors available to be used "off the self"
- Simulate thousand of motes working in the same network
This Kit comes with 868MHz communication devices. (Only available for European countries) and includes:
- x5 Waspmote Runner End Device
- x1 Waspmote Runner Gateway
- x1 Atmel AVR Programmer (with USB cable)
If you are interested in Internet of Things (IoT) or M2M projects check our open source sensor platform Waspmote which counts with more than 100 sensors available to use 'off the shelf', a complete API with hundreds of ready to use codes and a low consumption mode of just 0.7µA to ensure years of battery life.
Know more at:
Get the Starter Kits at: