Waspmote is an open source wireless sensor platform specially focused on the implementation of low consumption modes which allows the sensor nodes ("motes") to be completely autonomous, that is battery powered. Lifetime of Waspmote sensor nodes may go from 1 to 5 years depending on the duty cycle and the radio used.
Waspmote is based on a modular architecture. The idea is to integrate only the modules needed in each device optimizing costs. For this reason all the modules (radios, sensor boards, etc) plug in Waspmote through sockets.
This Bluetooth Module PRO has been mainly designed to discover high amount of bluetooth devices in a variable area.It can be connected in a Xbee shield for Arduino to work.
- Chip: Bluegiga WT12
- Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR. Class 2
- TX Power: 7 Power levels [-27dBm, +3dBm]
- RX sensitivity: -90 dBm
- Antenna: 2dBi
- Range: from 10 to 50 meters depending tx power and environment conditions.
- Received Strength Signal Indicator (RSSI) for each scanned device
- Class of Device (CoD) for each scanned device
- Bluetooth module integrates a firmware called Iwrap, developed by manufacturer which offers many possibilities.
- Moreover, Libelium has developed a specific API to allow using this module with Waspmote. There are many useful functions which can be used as a guideline for other designs. Refer to Libelium web site for more information.
You will need batteries to use Waspmote as an autonomous device.
Waspmote Quick Tutorial
Waspmote Technical Guides
Sensor Boards Technical Guides
50 Applications with Waspmote
FAQ: Waspmote Vs. Arduino
If you are interested in Internet of Things (IoT) or M2M projects check our open source sensor platform Waspmote which counts with more than 100 sensors available to use 'off the shelf', a complete API with hundreds of ready to use codes and a low consumption mode of just 0.7µA to ensure years of battery life.
Know more at:
Get the Starter Kits at: