The ITG-3200 is the worlds first single-chip, digital-output, 3-axis MEMS motion processing gyro optimized for gaming, 3D mice, and motion-based remote control applications for Internet connected Digital TVs and Set Top Boxes. The ITG-3200 features three 16-bit analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) for digitizing the gyro outputs, a user-selectable internal low-pass filter bandwidth, and a Fast-Mode IC (400kHz) interface. Additional features include an embedded temperature sensor and a 2% accurate internal oscillator. This breakthrough in MEMS motion processing gyro technology provides a dramatic 60% package size reduction, delivers a 60% power reduction, and has inherent cost advantages compared to competing multi-chip gyro solutions.
By leveraging the patented and volume-proven Nasiri-Fabrication platform, which integrates MEMS wafers with companion CMOS electronics through wafer-level bonding, InvenSense has driven the ITG-3200 package size down to a revolutionary footprint of 4x4x0.9mm (QFN), while providing the highest performance, lowest noise, and the lowest cost semiconductor packaging required for handheld consumer electronic devices. The part features a robust 10,000g shock tolerance, as required by portable consumer equipment.
For enhanced power supply flexibility, the ITG-3200 offers a separate VLOGIC reference pin in addition to its analog supply pin, which sets the logic levels of its IC interface. The VLOGIC voltage may be anywhere from 1.71V min to VDD max.
- Digital-output X-, Y-, and Z-Axis angular rate sensors (gyros) on one integrated circuit
- Digitally-programmable low-pass filter
- Low 6.5mA operating current consumption for long battery life
- Wide VDD supply voltage range of 2.1V to 3.6V
- Standby current: 5A
- Digital-output temperature sensor
- Fast Mode I2C (400kHz) serial interface
- Optional external clock inputs of 32.768kHz or 19.2MHz to synchronize with system clock