VS1000 is a single-chip Ogg Vorbis (license-free audio codec) player. VS1000 contains a high-performance low-power DSP core VS_DSP4, Nand flash interface, full speed USB port, general purpose I/O pins, SPI, UART, as well as a high-quality variable-sample-rate stereo DAC, and an earphone amplifier and a common voltage buffer. The device also features internal voltage regulators and voltage monitor. VS1000 can be powered from one supply voltage.
VS1000 firmware implements a default player that reads and plays files from the Nand Flash. Only Nand Flash memory, crystal and PSU are needed to build a minimalistic audio player application. The player can be customized or replaced by using boot from Nand Flash.
When connected to USB, the firmware implements USB Mass Storage Device protocol or acts as an Audio Device, providing a single-chip USB headphone application.
EarSpeaker spatial processing provides more natural sound in headphone listening conditions. It widens the stereo image and positions the sound sources outside the listener's head.
SPI EEPROM can be used to load code in applications that do not use Nand Flash. Hardware Features:
- Ogg Vorbis decoder
- Full Speed USB
- Nand Flash interface with ECC
- Single input voltage: Internal voltage regulation for analog, digital, and I/O power
- Low-power operation
- Operates with a single 12~MHz clock
- Internal PLL clock multiplier
- Power button pin, software-controlled power-off
- I/O for user interface
- High-quality on-chip stereo DAC with no phase error between channels
- Stereo earphone driver capable of driving a 30ohm load
- Lead-free RoHS-compliant package (Green)
- Implements USB Mass Storage Device and Audio Device
- Nand Flash handling with error correction, block remapping, and wear levelling
- Supports single-level-cell single-chip-select 8-bit Nand Flash devices.
- Default player application in firmware
- Decodes Ogg Vorbis, Supports sound level normalization using Replay Gain
- Pause / Play
- Volume control
- Next / Previous Song
- Rewind and Fast Forward
- Random Play
- EarSpeaker Spatial Processing
- Bass and treble controls for customized player
- NAND-FLASH boot for customized player
- SPI-FLASH boot for special applications
- UART for debugging and special applications