The MPU-6050 is a serious little piece of motion processing tech! By combining a 3-axis gyroscope and a 3-axis accelerometer on the same silicon die together with an onboard Digital Motion Processor (DMP) capable of processing complex 9-axis MotionFusion algorithms, the MPU-6050 does away with the cross-axis alignment problems that can creep up on discrete parts. The parts integrated 9-axis MotionFusion algorithms can even access external magnetometers or other sensors through an auxiliary master I2C bus, allowing the devices to gather a full set of sensor data without intervention from the system processor.
For precision tracking of both fast and slow motions, the MPU-6050 features a user-programmable gyro full-scale range of 250, 500, 1000, and 2000/sec (dps) and a user-programmable accelerometer full-scale range of 2g, 4g, 8g, and 16g.
Dimensions: 4x4x0.9mm QFN
- Digital-output of 6 or 9-axis MotionFusion data in rotation matrix, quaternion, Euler Angle, or raw data format
- Tri-Axis angular rate sensor (gyro) with a sensitivity up to 131 LSBs/dps and a full-scale range of 250, 500, 1000, and 2000dps
- Tri-Axis accelerometer with a programmable full scale range of 2g, 4g, 8g and 16g
- Reduced settling effects and sensor drift by elimination of board-level cross-axis alignment errors between accelerometers and gyroscopes
- Digital Motion Processing (DMP) engine offloads complex MotionFusion, sensor timing synchronization and gesture detection
- Embedded algorithms for run-time bias and compass calibration. No user intervention required
- Digital-output temperature sensor
- Digital input on FSYNC pin to support video Electronic Image Stabilization and GPS
- Programmable interrupt supports gesture recognition, panning, zooming, scrolling, free fall interrupt, high-G interrupt, zero-motion detection, tap detection, and shake detection
- VDD Supply voltage range of 2.375V3.46V; VLOGIC at 1.8V5% or VDD
- On-chip timing generator with 1% frequency variation over full temperature range
- 10,000g shock tolerant