Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: FAQ 3G/Sim900/Sim908 - Read Before You Post
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:02 am 

You can find the complete tutorial of SIM900, SIM908 and 3G modules here:

SIM900: http://www.cooking-hacks.com/documentat ... and-sim900

SIM908: http://www.cooking-hacks.com/documentat ... spberry-pi

3G shield: http://www.cooking-hacks.com/documentat ... rs-gsm-gps

--------------------
Q: I try to compile and upload my code and I get: Error stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 message

A: Remove the shield or the two Serial (ARD/USB) jumpers before uploading your sketch

--------------------
Q: Why is my program not working?

A: First, try sending manually the AT commands in Gateway mode.

--------------------
Q: How can I set the module in Gateway mode?

A: - Put your Arduino in gateway mode.
- Put the shield on the Arduino.
- Put the jumpers in USB mode
- Put jumpers in Ard not in RPI
- Put jumper in arduino 5V
- Connect the USB and open the Arduino serial monitor.
- If you use the Arduino IDE serial monitor for sending AT commands – Be sure that you are sending CR (Carriage return) and LF (Line Feed).
- Set the baudrate to 115200 bps
- Push the ON button for two seconds
- If you type AT you'll get OK, this means that the communication with the module is working fine.
- Then you can send the commands via the serial monitor.

--------------------
Q: I want to use my Arduino in Gateway mode but I can't remove de microcontroller (for example Arduino Mega).

A: Yo can put your Arduino Mega in gateway mode doing a shortcircuit with a cable between GND and RESET. Or you can upload "BareMinimum sketch".

Code:
void setup() {
}
void loop() {
}

--------------------
Q: How to set jumpers

A: In order to upload your sketch you have to remove two Serial com jumpers. The communication jumpers must be set in ARD position when the Arduino is running a code. If you use the gateway mode the jumpers must be set in USB position.

--------------------
Q: Why is GPS not working?

A: Go outside and put GPS antenna pointing to the sky, for the internal GPS antenna ceramic side upwards and for the external GPS antenna the arrow printed in it upwardars too

--------------------
Q: Why does GPRS/3G randomly reboot?

A: You have to use power supply

--------------------
Q: Why is HTTP not working?

A: Try in Gateway mode first and with our URL

--------------------
Q: I have problems with GET and POST HTTP functions for 3G, what can I do?

A: Have you got the same error with our server?
Quote:
"GET /test-get-post.php?counter=1&data=2 HTTP/1.1\r\nHost: pruebas.libelium.com\r\nContent-Length: 0\r\n\r\n"

--------------------
Q: How to power the board SIM908

A: 3 options

1) The first one is powering the shield with Arduino through USB or through DC power jack. You must set the BAT/REG jumper in REG position, Vin in Ard 5v and remove the charge jumper. Some of the USB ports on computers are not able to give all the current the module needs to work, if your module goes down when it tries to connect to the network, you can use an external power supply (12V - 2A) on the Arduino.

2) The second one is powering the shield directly via Vext header. You must set the BAT/REG jumper in REG position, Vin in Vext and remove the charge jumper. The external power supply can be able to supply current peaks about 2A. We recommend a 12V-2A power supply.

3) The last one is using a one cell Li-ion battery connected to the SIM908 shield. You must set the BAT/REG jumper in BAT position, remove the Vin jumper and set the charge jumper. The shield uses the battery to powers itself but it can't power the Arduino board. To recharge the battery with the shield you only need to power the Arduino. The shield uses the 5v (ICSP header) to charge the battery.

--------------------
Q: How to power the board 3G+GPS

A: 3 options

1) First case is powering 3G Shield with mini-USB without Arduino (module like a modem), set Power jumper to the left and under jumper must be set too.

2) Second option is connect it to Arduino and with DC power jack supply, set Power jumper to the right and remove under jumper.

3) Last option is with Arduino USB supply, set Power jumper to the left and remove under jumper.

--------------------

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]