Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Raspberry Pi to Arduino Shields Connection Bridge
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:33 am 

Hi ;

I have a Raspberry pi 2. I would like to buy Raspberry Pi to Arduino Shields Connection Bridge.Is this shield compatible for Raspberry pi 2 ?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Raspberry Pi to Arduino Shields Connection Bridge
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:25 am 

Hi tolga,

Yes it is compatible.

You have got all the info, and the new library here:

http://www.cooking-hacks.com/blog/integ ... fc-ehealth

Regards

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:51 pm 

Hi,

I currently bought a RPi model B+ with an arduino shield connection bridge and a XBee ZigBee module (I need these for a larger project). I have 2 questions regarding these products.

1. Does the shield provide a reduction form 5V to 3.3V (since it already has the socket for the XBee) in order not to burn the XBee module, or do I need something extra to accomplish this?

2. I also need to interface the XBee module with a PC in order to program it with X-CTU provided by Digi International. Is there an adapter that directly interfaces my XBee module without the need of a breadboard? I found some products that do this but I'm looking for something ready made so I just need to put the XBee in and plug the USB. (Or is it possible to interface it directly through the shield and RPi? that would be great :P)

Looking forward to your reply, thank you

Sorin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:08 am 

Hello Sorin,

1.You don't need anything extra. The connection bridge voltage is already adapted to work with XBee modules.

2.In order to get that you need a gateway like this:
http://www.cooking-hacks.com/waspmote-g ... -sma-5-dbi

You could also use an arduino and a xbee shield with jumpers in USB mode, it's explained here:
http://www.cooking-hacks.com/documentat ... ield#step5

Regards

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:38 am 

Hi again,

Finally I bought a Parallax 32400 adapter board with and FTDI chip to configure my XBee. It seems that without the X-CTU software from Digi, one cannot modify the firmware of the XBee module, something which I needed to do in order to make a Coordinator AT out of the XBee module. I don't have an Arduino board anyway.

With the Arduino and jumpers configuration, it's only possible to change the parameters of the module and so cannot extend it's usage as a coordinator or router, only if it's preconfigured as one.

Talking about arduino and the connection bridge for the RPi, I noticed that the shield for the Pi also has the ICSP jumper settings (just like the Arduino itself) on the board and considering the tutorial to configure the XBee through the Arduino with the jumper settings where it says that you need to take out the microcontroller, my question is:

Can't the configuration be done directly through the RPi+shield+XBee with the jumpers in the right position considering the fact that the shield is basically an Arduino board with RPi capabilities?

Thanks again for the help and I hope this also helps,
Sorin

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:24 am 

Hello Sorin,

we've already answered you in your other thread:
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=7352&p=22129&sid=3d14e2c2779feb5a4b0dfd1584deb7f2#p22129

Regards

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:46 pm 

Hi,

Thank you for the reply, but this post is actually something different than the other one. In case you do not understand what I'm asking, please tell me and I'll rephrase it.

Yours,
Sorin

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:32 am 

Hello Sorin,

with both Arduino or Raspberry Pi you only can modify the parameters but you can't change the configuration. For this you will need a PC with XCTU.

Regards

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]