Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: i2c sensor not detected anymore
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 12:00 pm 

Hi,

I have a CCS811 connected to the raspberry to Arduino shield, and it is not detected anymore by i2cdetect.
The wiring is okay, since it used to work fine last week.
I thought I burned the sensor due to bad handling, and bought a new one, but nothing.
Did I broke the shield? The xbee socket is working and also the 3v3, 5v and ground pins too, maybe the SDA and SCL pins are the only one not functioning anymore?.
All the raspberry pins are okay, since I tested them with wiringPi.

Hope you can help me,
Thank you

Post subject: Re: i2c sensor not detected anymore
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:11 pm 

Hi Kangaroo,

Do you have another I2C sensor to test the shield? Also will be great if you can test with another Raspberry to discard a failure of the board.

Regards

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:23 pm 

libelium-dev wrote:
Hi Kangaroo,

Do you have another I2C sensor to test the shield? Also will be great if you can test with another Raspberry to discard a failure of the board.

Regards

Hi,

I tested the two ccs811 sensors directly on the board, and it detects the new one.
So now I'm sure that I burnt the old sensor and probably the SDA and SCL pins of the bridge.
However, that sounds so weird, because the xBee socket is still working (I'm using the Lorawan module), and the VCC and GND pins too, shouldn't be the whole board broken by now?

EDIT

Now that I think about it, when I burnt the first sensor, it was connected to the SDA and SCL pins of the raspberry, not of the board. How comes that now the SDA and SCL pins of the bridge are not working anymore? the digital pins don't work too

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:21 pm 

Hi,

So the pins of the raspberry pi work but the pins of the shield not?

The pins of the raspberry pi work at 3.3v and Arduino sensors usually work with 5v. Maybe a part of the board is damaged due to the different voltages.

Regards

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]