Libelium is offering new technical support channels, to contact with de Technical Support team to solve any issue our doubt please contact with your sales agent or visit our contact site

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Modem GPRS QuadBand - How to test if it works
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:35 am 

Hi guys,

I recently acquired a quadband module for my arduino, Mega 1280.
However, I couldn't get it working. I mean, I followed all the steps at the tutorial (standalone mode) but there is no reply from the modem.

I bought a gps module as well and it works just fine. So I guess I`m not that newbie and I believe that I'm missing something related to the arduino mega itself or the module is not working properly.

Therefore, I would like to know if there is any way to test whether this modem works, besides those steps defined at the tutorial.

I tried to write via serial only "AT" and kept looking at the serial monitor but, just like for the commands described in the tutorial, no response.

I though about forcing the arduino to work as a gateway, but its not that simple since the microcontroller is not easily removable, like arduino uno. But maybe that is possible, is it? That way I could test the modem using my pc directly.

Any help is welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Post subject: Re: Modem GPRS QuadBand - How to test if it works
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:26 am 

Some pcs don't supply enought current throught the usb port to make the gprs module work. To be sure that it isn't a power supply issue try to supply power to arduino through a power supply able to give 2A of current.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]