Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: REALTIME GEOLOCATION TRACKING WITH ARDUINO+ GPRS/GPS SHIELD
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:07 pm 

Hello everyone
I would make a tracker GPS using arduino and the GPRS/GPS Shield.
I saw this tutorial:
https://www.cooking-hacks.com/documenta ... n-tracking

And I open the step 10: Realtime Geolcation Tracker.

I pasted the arduino's code into my IDE 1.0.1 (I change the value of char variable like APN, PIN ecc. in the fist part of the code), then I open the serial monitor.
My problem is here:
I don't see any result in the page.php (that I uploaded in altervista, so my domain is http.//myname.altervista.org/page.php). While, in my serial monitor, there are some strange characters, I think they are char characters.

I did another test removing the ATmega, using USB serial comunication and using AT commands to test this code. I received correct answers like "OK" or some information. But when I send AT+CGPSSTATUS?, I received this risponse: "Location Unkown".

Why Have I this problems? Please, can you help me, because I'm beginner and I don't know very well how to code Arduino;
I have to do a project and It's necessary to solve these problems.

Post subject: Re: REALTIME GEOLOCATION TRACKING WITH ARDUINO+ GPRS/GPS SHI
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:47 am 

Hi,

Usually "Location Unkown" is responded when the module doesn't get gps position due to it is't place outside. The antenna should be in direct sight with the sky to get good GPS signal.

Regards

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:49 am 

libelium-dev wrote:
Hi,

Usually "Location Unkown" is responded when the module doesn't get gps position due to it is't place outside. The antenna should be in direct sight with the sky to get good GPS signal.

Regards

Hello :)
But Have I to remove the ATmega? Because in another part of the tutorial (Step 2: Using AT commands) It is written that I have to remove this component.
Do you think I'll fix these problems directing the antenna in right position?
Another problem is when I open the serial monitor and the first thing I should see is the Serial.println("Starting..."), but I don't see anything. So, I don't know if there is a problem in the shield or in the code I don't know

Regards

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:12 pm 

Hi,

If you want to send at comannds manually you have to remove the atmega but if you want that arduino send the commands, the microcontroller must be plugged.

If the antenna is in direct sight with the sky, the gps should get position.

Finally, if you open the serial monitor after arduino starts the program, you don't see the fists commands. If you reset arduino pressing the button you should be "Starting..."

Regards

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]