Libelium is offering new technical support channels, to contact with de Technical Support team to solve any issue our doubt please contact with your sales agent or visit our contact site

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Multiprotocol Radio Shield v2.0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:37 am 

Hello,

I have two xBees and one will be connected to the computer other one to the Arduino Uno.
I can't get them to communicate together if I use the shield, but I have manage to do successful Serial communication without the shield (using only wires).

I have probably programmed wrong, so is there some additional information about the shield like a datasheet? I have found the tutorial but it is barely sufficient and the example is quite hard.

Regards

Post subject: Re: Multiprotocol Radio Shield v2.0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:20 am 

Hi Sqrt2,

All the information that we have got available for the Multiprotocol Shield is in the tutorial.

In the multiprotocol shield you need to use the i2c to select one socket or the other.

If you see the tutorials of the modules that are designed to work with our multiprotocol shield, you can see that to manage the Multiprotocol Radio Borard v2.0 you must use the functions in the library to power up the sockets and select UART -> SOCKET0 or UART ->SOCKET1. Also you can enable/disable the CS for SOCKET0 and CS dor SOCKET1 in SPI inteface modules.

In this way, if you want to use the SOCKET1 with a UART module (as example) you must:
Code:
1.- select UART -> socket1:
socket1.setMUX();

2.- power on the socket1:
socket1.ON();

Alternatively you can use "arduinoUtils" class included in arduino-api provided with most of our libraries to handle the Multiprotocol Radio Board v2.0 expansor pins:
Code:
Ulils.setONSocket1();
Utils.setMUXSocket1();

Regards

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:20 pm 

Thank you for your replay.
Unfortunately I did not manage to get communication with the xbee (if I am using wires I can do that with no problem).
I am trying to transmit data from CAN bus to the computer through xbee.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:24 am 

Hi Sqrt2,

Sqrt2 wrote:
if I am using wires I can do that with no problem

If you can do it using cables, and not with the multiprotocol Shield, it seems that you are not enabling correctly the socket.

Please review the steps that we mentioned some days ago., it seems to be a software problem.

Regards

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]