Libelium is offering new technical support channels, to contact with de Technical Support team to solve any issue our doubt please contact with your sales agent or visit our contact site

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Bluetooth PRO Module
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:18 pm 

I am building a small project to count the number of Bluetooth device connected in a room.
Quite similar to your website example “How to Count BT Devices with LEDs Using Bluetooth Connectivity Kit”

- https://www.cooking-hacks.com/documenta ... bluetooth/

I have question on the Bluetooth PRO module, how many bluetooth devices can the Bluetooth PRO module be connected simultaneously.

I need something that can connect up to 30devices simultaneously in an a area 10m by 10m.
The Bluetooth PRO module will be connected to an Arduino Uno and a LED display to show the number of devices connected.

Post subject: Re: Bluetooth PRO Module
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:23 am 

Hi dnyk14,

The manufacturer of the modules said "The bluetooth module has been mainly designed to discover up to 250 devices in a variable area". But it is a feature that we have never tried.

This number is for discovering devices but if you want to connect to transmit data, you can do it with one device.

Regards

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:07 am 

libelium-dev wrote:
Hi dnyk14,

The manufacturer of the modules said "The bluetooth module has been mainly designed to discover up to 250 devices in a variable area". But it is a feature that we have never tried.

This number is for discovering devices but if you want to connect to transmit data, you can do it with one device.

Regards

Hi, Thanks alot for the advice.
For my project, there is no transmitting of data. Just using the Bluetooth PRO module to discover the number of Bluetooth devices (mainly mobile phones such as Android and iphones) connected to it simultaneously and display the total number of devices through a LED display via a Arduino UNO.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:09 am 

Hi dnyk14,

If you only want to discover Bluetooth modules, it is a good module to do it ;)

Good luck with your project!

Regards!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]