Libelium is offering new technical support channels, to contact with de Technical Support team to solve any issue our doubt please contact with your sales agent or visit our contact site

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Changing socket in lorawan config example
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:22 pm 

Hi ,
I trying to run the LoraWAN example with Rpi3.When I run the examples getting 'Failed to get byte count on serial'so I changed the socket0 in the example code to socket1 then Iam getting device switch on error=2 and many other errors.Please let me know how to solve this problem.

This should be problem with uart,for more info its raspberry pi3 model b+and terminals are serial0->ttys0 serial1->ttyAMA0

/boot/cmdline.txt

dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 root=/dev/mmcblk0p7 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline fsck.repair=yes rootwait

/boot/config.txt

start_x=1
gpu_mem=128
enable_uart=1
dtparam=spi=on
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
dtoverlay=pi3-miniuart-bt

Friends anyone please help me,Iam trying find a solution desparately,getting this working is very important for my project.

Post subject: Re: Changing socket in lorawan config example
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:20 am 

Hi karthik22,

Have you followed all this procedure to install ardupi and the libraries?

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8912&p=28086

It seems that you have got a wrong installation.

You need to use the raspberry pi via SSH, we don't recommend you to connect the raspberry to a monitor.

Regards

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:23 pm 

Hi dev,

Thanks it working fine now!!!followed step by step thnx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:28 pm 

hi,

I am using Lora Waspmote Gateway.I am able to send and receive data packets between Lora Node with Raspberry Pi and the gateway.Now Instead of Lora(Sx1272) on top of the gateway, I want to use LoraWAN and LoraWAN node with raspberry pi.Will I be able to send and receive data with same setup using LoraWAN instead of Lora(sx1272)

Thanks in Advance

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:16 am 

Hi karthik22,

karthik22 wrote:
Thanks it working fine now!!!followed step by step thnx

Nice to read it! :D :D

karthik22 wrote:
I am using Lora Waspmote Gateway.I am able to send and receive data packets between Lora Node with Raspberry Pi and the gateway.Now Instead of Lora(Sx1272) on top of the gateway, I want to use LoraWAN and LoraWAN node with raspberry pi.Will I be able to send and receive data with same setup using LoraWAN instead of Lora(sx1272)

First of all you need to know the differences between LoRa and LoRaWAN:

Libelium currently offers two options of this type of radio technology: LoRa and LoRaWAN

LoRa contains only the link layer protocol and is perfect to be used in P2P communications between nodes. LoRa modules are a little cheaper that the LoRaWAN ones.

LoRaWAN includes the network layer too so it is possible to send the information to any Base Station already connected to a Cloud platform. LoRaWAN modules may work in different frequencies by just connecting the right antenna to its socket.

These modules are based on the same modulation technology (the same PHY layer): LoRa™, developed by Semtech. The LoRa module implements a simple link protocol, created by Libelium. However, the LoRaWAN module runs the LoRaWAN protocol, a much richer and more advanced protocol, created by the LoRa Alliance.

The LoRa module and the LoRaWAN module are not compatible because the protocols are different.

The communication that you are trying to do is called P2P, as you can see in the LoRaWAN tutorial, you can do it:

https://www.cooking-hacks.com/documenta ... 5-433-mhz/

However, we recommend LoRaWAN to send data to a backend an LoRa for P2P.

Regards.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:21 pm 

Hi,
Thank you very much for the perfect clarification.
I want to use LoraWAN with TTN Networks.LoraWAN nodes are powered by raspberry pi 3.I need to make them communicate with remote cloud and store data in the cloud.

I am trying to use the active LoraWAN gateway registered in https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/(TTN networks) but Iam not able to register the existing active gateway.

Subscribing to already existing gateway is better than building a new one or do you have any suggestion in building a new LoraWAN gateway.(cheaper one).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:39 am 

Hi harthik22,

We understand that you haven't got problems with the module.

We think that you have an error in the configuration with TTN networks. We have never worked with them, it is possible that you have to speak with them to configure our modules with their network.

Regards

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:29 pm 

Thank you

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:22 am 

Hi karthik22,

You are welcome. Do not hesitate to ask us any questions.

Regards

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]