NOTE: If you are interested in Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN), M2M and the Internet of Things (IoT) projects check our new sensor platform: Waspmote which counts with more than 60 sensors available to use and a low consumption mode of just 0.07uA to ensure years of battery life. Know more at:
The new 3G shield for Arduino enables the connectivity to high speed WCDMA and HSPA cellular networks in order to make possible the creation of the next level of worldwide interactivity projects inside the new "Internet of Things" era.
The module counts also with an internal GPS what enables the location of the device outdoors and indoors combining standard NMEA frames with mobile cell ID triangulation using both assisted-mobile (A-GPS) and mobile-based (S-GPS) modes. Antennas not included.
You will need to update your firmware to play mp3. The update is available here. Uncompress and run it in a PC with Windows (emulated Windows not supported).
This Kit includes:
- 3G/GPRS shield for Arduino (3G + GPS)
- 2Gb microSD card
- Electret Microphone
- VGA Sensor Camera
- Jumper Wires (F/M)
- Speaker 8 ohm 2W
- Handsfree headphones
- miniUSB Cable
- Internal Speaker
- WCDMA and HSPA 3G networks compatibility
- Internal GPS for Assisted A-GPS and Supported S-GPS modes
- Video Camera (640x480) for video and photo recordings available
- Audio Kit including microphone, speaker, hands free and headphones available
- SD file system up to 32GB
- Works as a standard 3G modem in Linux/Windows/MacOS (~7.2Mbps download, ~5.5Mbps upload)
- Talk directly to web servers by HTTP/HTTPS (secure)
- Upload and download files directly by FTP/FTPS (secure)
- Send and receive mails by POP3/SMTP
- Play compressed audio files
Download the Fritzing library to include in your electronic designs here
NOTE: The Arduino/Raspberry Pi jumper MUST be in Arduino position. The Raspberry Pi position should be used only if the shield is connected to a Raspberry Pi. A wrong position of this jumper can damage the 3G shield.
NOTE: If you only need to send SMS or use a low bandwidth for data transfer you can use our cheaper GPRS/GSM Quadband SIM900 module for Arduino.