NOTE: If you are interested in Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN), M2M and the Internet of Things (IoT) projects check our new sensor platform: Waspmote which counts with more than 60 sensors available to use and a low consumption mode of just 0.07uA to ensure years of battery life. Know more at:
The Qik Dual Serial Motor Controller is Pololu?s second-generation dual serial motor controller. The compact module allows any microcontroller or computer with a serial port (external RS-232 level converter required) to easily drive two small, brushed DC motors with full direction and speed control. It provides ultrasonic, 8-bit PWM speed control via an advanced, two-way serial protocol that features automatic baud rate detection up to 38.4 kbps and optional CRC error checking. Two status LEDs give visual feedback about the serial connection and any encountered error conditions, making debugging easy, and a demo mode allows easy verification of proper operation.
This controller also supports daisy-chaining the Qik to other Qiks and Pololu serial motor and servo controllers, allowing the control of an almost unlimited number of motors and servos with a single serial line.
It can also be configured to use 15.7 kHz, 7.8 kHz, or 3.9 kHz PWM frequencies.
- Simple bidirectional control of two DC brush motors
- 4.5 V to 13.5 V motor supply range
- 1 A maximum continuous current per motor (3 A peak)
- 2.7 V to 5.5 V logic supply range
- Logic-level, non-inverted, two-way serial control for easy connection to microcontrollers or robot controllers
- Optional automatic baud rate detection up to 38400bps
- Two on-board indicator LEDs (status/heartbeat and serial error indicator) for debugging and feedback
- Serial error output to make it easier for the main controller to recover from a serial error condition
- Jumper-enabled demo mode allowing initial testing without any programming
- Optional CRC error detection eliminates serial errors caused by noise or software faults
- Optional motor shutdown on serial error or timeout for additional safety
- Supports daisy-chaining the qik to other qiks and Pololu serial motor and servo controllers, allowing the control of an almost unlimited number of motors and servos with a single serial line
- Motor driver: TB6612FNG
- Motor channels: 2
- Control interface: non-inverted TTL serial
- Minimum operating voltage: 4.5 V
- Maximum operating voltage: 13.5 V
- Continuous output current per channel: 1 A
- Peak output current per channel: 3 A
- Maximum PWM frequency: 32 kHz
- Minimum logic voltage: 2.7 V
- Maximum logic voltage: 5.5 V
- Reverse voltage protection?: Y
Dimensions: 0.70" x 1.2"