NOTE: If you are interested in Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN), M2M and the Internet of Things (IoT) projects check our new sensor platform: Waspmote which counts with more than 60 sensors available to use and a low consumption mode of just 0.07uA to ensure years of battery life. Know more at:
This Bluetooth Module PRO has been mainly designed to discover high amount of bluetooth devices in a variable area. It can be connected in a Xbee shield for Arduino to work.
- Chip: Bluegiga WT12
- Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR. Class 2
- TX Power: 7 Power levels [-27dBm, +3dBm]
- RX sensitivity: -90 dBm
- Antenna: 2dBi
- Range: from 10 to 50 meters depending tx power and environment conditions.
- Received Strength Signal Indicator (RSSI) for each scanned device
- Class of Device (CoD) for each scanned device
- Bluetooth module integrates a firmware called Iwrap, developed by manufacturer which offers many possibilities.
- Moreover, Libelium has developed a specific API to allow using this module with Waspmote. There are many useful functions which can be used as a guideline for other designs. Refer to Libelium web site for more information.
Bluetooth module has different power consumption according its operating state. Next table shows information about it.
|Sleep||< 0.5 mA|
|ON (IDLE state)||2 mA|
|Inquiry at minimum power||33.5 mA|
|Inquiry at maximum power||36.5 mA|
Download the Fritzing library to include in your electronic designs here
NOTE: If you don't need to use the full features of this module, maybe you are interested in our Bluetooth Module for Arduino.