NOTE: If you are interested in Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN), M2M and the Internet of Things (IoT) projects check our new sensor platform: Waspmote which counts with more than 60 sensors available to use and a low consumption mode of just 0.07uA to ensure years of battery life. Know more at:
You may recognize the WS2801from our addressable RGB LED strips. These 3-channel constant current LED drivers are great for controlling chains of RGB LEDs. The IC is controlled by a 2-wire serial control scheme that allows multiple ICs to be chained together.
Use a handful of these ICs in conjunction with some RGB LEDs to make color displays, or with regular LEDs for a monochrome display three times the size. Or just the WS2801 to free up PWM pins on your microntroller by controlling multiple LEDs with two pins.
- 2-wire control scheme reduces system cost
- Built-in PWM dimming scheme for each channel
- PWM free-run capability
- Power supply voltage 3.3-5.5v
- Supports both constant current and constant voltage drive modes
- Wide constant current range from 5-150mA
- Datasheet (WS2801)