EasyVR is a multi-purpose speech recognition module designed to add versatile, robust and cost effective speech and voice recognition capabilities to virtually any application. EasyVR is the second generation version of the successful VRbot module and builds on the features and functionality of its predecessor. In addition to the EasyVR features like 32 user-defined Speaker Dependent (SD) triggers and a host of built-in speaker independent (SI) commands, the shield has additional connectors for the microphone input, an 8 ohm speaker output, audio line-out/headphone jack, and access to the I/O pins of the EasyVR module. A programmable LED is also included to show feedback during recognition tasks.
A simple and robust serial protocol (9600 8-N-1 default) can be used to access these functions from the Arduino board. Check out the video below of the EasyVR Shield being used to control a servo.
- A host of built-in speaker independent (SI) commands (available in USEnglish, Italian, Japanese, German, Spanish and French)for ready to run basic controls.
- Supports up to 32 user-defined Speaker Dependent (SD) triggers or commands (any language) as well as Voice Passwords.
- Easy-to-use and simple Graphical User Interface to program Voice Commands to your robot.
- Module can be used with any host with an UART interface (powered at 3.3V - 5V) .
- Simple and robust serial protocol to access and program the module through the host board.
- Make your own sound tables using Sensory QuickSynthesis4 tool
- The new EasyVR GUI includes a command to process and download custom sound tables to the module (overwriting existing sound table)
- Connector for microphone input
- 8 ohm speaker output
- Headphone jack
- Access to EasyVR I/O pins
- Programmable LED to show feedback during recognition tasks
- Arduino Libraries provided